It has been SO LONG since I’ve done a tag post, like a good six months at least. One of the things I’m going to start doing to make my blog a more enjoyable space for me is these tag posts, I might keep them reserved until I need a post and haven’t had time to prepare another one, or maybe I’ll just publish them willy-nilly because I can do that because this is my blog.
I don’t actually think anyone tagged me in this but I’m doing it anyway – and I’m also not going to tag anyone specific, but if you want to answer these questions too then feel free! Leave me a link to your answers because I’d love to be nosy and learn more about everyone else too.
1. What’s your favourite candle scent?
– Anything Christmas or vanilla. I love Autumn because that’s when I can start buying my Christmas scents, and vanilla works all year round. I have a Christmas candle and 2 vanilla ones lit right now.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
– Emilia Clarke because she seems like such a funny person and I’d maybe get to go to the Game of Thrones set with her and meet some of the cast.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
– Probably a comedian like James Acaster because that’d be hilarious, probably a bit annoying but mostly hilarious.
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
– Hopefully mid-twenties, but you have no idea how things are going to work out in the future.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
– I don’t think I do, unless you count myself? (I’m joking, I’m not a hoarder, I’m just sentimental.)
6. Can you do the splits?
– Nope! No matter how hard I tried, I never got there.
7. How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?
– Probably about 5 or 6, I think.
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
– Ooh I actually don’t know. Probably just one because I tend to prefer pools. Less fish.
9. How many countries have you visited?
– Quite a lot, I was a well-travelled little child. I’ve been to Toronto, Lake Garda, lots of places in Spain, I’ve visited Vienna as a child too and, most recently, Budapest!
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
– Emilia Isabella. It’s my favourite name ever and I actually don’t even want to share it in case someone steals it.
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
– I love Noah, but I don’t have a favourite boys name. I prefer thinking about girls names because it’s like “what name would I prefer for myself?”
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
– I failed my psychology exam because I didn’t sit it…Apart from that, I failed a level of Biology but passed the level below so I didn’t fail the exam, if that even makes sense.
14. What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
– How young are we talking? I loved PB&J as a little kid, then Totally Spies, then probably Hannah Montana.
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were 8?
– Most likely a witch. Or Daphne from Scooby Doo, my mum and I both dressed up as her one year but her costume was better because she got a wig.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
– I’ve read the whole Hunger Games series and none of Twilight, and I’m not sure how many Harry Potter books I’ve read but it’s definitely not them all.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
– British! Sometimes I hate my Scottish accent but other people seem to love it, so I’ll stick with my own.
18. Did your mother go to university?
– She did not, and neither am I!
19. Are your grandparents still married?
– 50 years strong.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
– I did Judo for a little while but I’m definitely more of a dance kind of person.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
– The Kermit drinking tea meme is the best one.
22. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to?
– I think it was Disneyland, but I hate rides so I doubt I went on anything other than It’s A Small World.
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
– Italian or French! I tried to teach myself Italian but gave up and did really well in French in school but didn’t take it any further.
24. Do you spell the colour as grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
– Yes he is, and I’m probably on my way judging by the amount of hair that falls out in the shower.
26. Do you know triplets?
– I do, I used to be best friends with 2/3 of them.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
– I have actually seen neither of them!
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
– Indian food is possibly my favourite, I could eat garlic naan bread every single day.
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
– I lovev GBK, I dream about the skinny fries and chicken burger daily.
30. Have you ever been to Nando’s?
– Once, I forgot to ask for my chicken burger without mayo and haven’t been back since.
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Macro, Bookers etc.)?
– I don’t, but my mum and I are desperate to get into Costco and explore.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
– Cameron, as I’ve been told.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
– My dad used to call me Loulabelle (hence the blog name), he still calls me Lou and my boyfriend’s favourite nickname for me is Spud because I have a potato shaped head.
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
– You’ve caught me on a good day so I’m gonna say my boyfriend. Other than him, definitely my mum.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or in the city?
– Right now, city. Because I’m getting into digital marketing, most opportunities are in cities. Once I settle down, a countryside would be lovely because I want SO MANY DOGS.
36. Can you whistle?
– I can whistle breathing in but not breathing out…
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
– Nope! I need complete darkness, even the ‘off’ light on my TV keeps me awake if I can see it.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
– I do, but not always before I get to work. I almost always eat it when I get there because I value sleep over breakfast.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
– Not anymore, since ditching the pill.
40. What medical conditions do you have?
– None that I know of, apart from hay fever but that’s not exactly awful.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
– None for myself, touch wood. A few times to visit other people but I generally dislike the hospital atmosphere so I don’t like going.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
– Many times, I have also seen Finding Dory which is such a good film.
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
– I’m not loyal to one place, and I generally hate wearing jeans so I don’t buy them often. I have some from Tesco and Missguided that I wear all the time, but that’s about it.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
– It was probably my boyfriend telling me I looked nice yesterday when I actually made an effort with my makeup.
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
– Rarely! I remember the really weird or scary ones but usually forget them after about 20 minutes.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
– I like just standard tea but I also like camomile and honey a LOT. I haven’t tried many flavoured teas but I have a lot in my cupboard.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
– Oh god, too many to count. And I wear…3 pairs.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
– I wasn’t raised to any religion so I think I’ll do the same for mine, but if they want to then I won’t stop them.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
– About 9 or 10 I think, my neighbour told me and my parents were SO angry.
50. Why do you have a blog?
– Because I love writing and I love sharing my thoughts, feelings and recommendations in an online space that is fully my own. It’s a hobby that provides a massive sense of fulfillment and pride, and I love the whole thing so much.
Again, if you do this tag, leave me a comment and let me know! Hope you enjoyed being nosy.